In my stamp club in San Antonio, we make a 3D item each month. In June I featured Magnolia Lane Suite for all the stamp club projects and made this Good Morning Magnolia treat holder. I love the small size and that it stands up on its own. It holds a single mini chocolate bar so it's the perfect snack!
Both treat holders shown use the same piece of DSP--it's just turned to the opposite side. All other elements are the same except that I tied a knot in one and attached a bow on the other. My Good Morning Magnolia treat holder is self-closing so you don't have to tie it shut--which makes it easy to get the treat out and not ruin the cute packaging.
The cutting and scoring are listed for you below along with instructions. This is one of THREE free projects for my stamp club in San Antonio members. Read all about it here--try us out with no obligation to join. But stamp club in San Antonio member perks are awesome!
Here are the dimensions so you can recreate it:
- DSP: 5" x 4"
Score like this:
- On the 5" side, score at 7/8" Turn so that this score line is at the top of the paper.
- On the short side, score at 1/2" and 2-1/4"
- On the short side, score only to the horizontal line at 1-3/8" and 3-1/8"
- Fold on all the score line towards the inside of the treat holder.
- You will have 4 mini squares and a mini rectangle.
- Cut out the mini rectangle.
- Use Tear N Tape on the long, skinny end and adhere together. Put into the Delightful Tag Topper Punch to make the top pretty.
- Now you are ready to adhere the bottom of the box. Put adhesive on 2 of the square flaps and then pop them downward--every other flap--to form the base.
- Pop in your mini chocolate bar and decorate top as desired.